Monday 13 April 2009

New York, New York (Part 2)


Sunday was so sunny, so we spent the day strolling around Central Park. Aaron got his revenge from our last Checkers game in a game longer than time itself, as we joined the old men at the tables. We also went for a ramble through the woods and took in the great view from the top of Belvedere Castle. A bus ride up the upper east side and we were enjoying a huge milkshake in Tom's Restaurant, which is the coffee shop in my new favourite show Seinfeld! As the day was so clear, we went to the 'top of the rock', i.e. the Rockefeller Center, to get the best view of New York. It was fantastic, Empire State Building looked massive (although I was disappointed no gorillas were climbing it that day) and you could see for miles! Oh, and the funniest thing happened, some guy trying to sell us stuff genuinely thought Aaron was my father! Now either I look 12 or Aaron looks 50! And do other people see us and think my 'father' is rather too touchy-feely with me?! After that, we were lucky enough to go to eat at Lombardi's, the oldest pizza place in NY. And it tastes the best too...

No comments:

Post a Comment